In the seventh book in the exciting Grave Tales series, journalists Helen Goltz and Chris Adams visit Melbourne cemeteries to unearth some great tales.
- Whelan the Wrecker – the man and name synonymous with the wrecking ball and recycling a lot of Melbourne’s history;
- Leo Rosner – as featured in the movie ‘Schindler’s List’ – the Jewish Holocaust survivor who made a life post-war in Melbourne;
- The Mornington Football Club disaster – the weekend a football team was tragically wiped out;
- Cyril Callister – Mr Vegemite!
- Beautiful Erica McMillan and the Moomba Queens – beauty and tragedy in a time before political correctness;
- Alice Anderson – the untimely end of one of our first female mechanics;
- Walter Lindrum – the Don Bradman of billiards;
- The murder of Alma Tirtschke and how the wrong man hanged;
… And 10 more stories in this volume.
Click ‘Download Now’ for the high res cover.
Connect with the authors on the Grave Tales Facebook page, Instagram or YouTube channel. Or catch their podcast. BOOK INFORMATION
Paperback ISBN: 978-0-6487093-4-3 | ebook ASIN B0882Y1RC6
Price and availability:
Publication date: released 12 May 2020.
Category: Non-fiction, crime, true crime, Australiana, history, modern history, biography, cold case.
Publisher: Atlas Productions
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Journalists, Helen Goltz and Chris Adams have between them spent many decades in the print and electronic media working for network television, radio, and state and community newspapers. With a joint love of history, digging for a good story and storytelling, they have collaborated to create a series of books that brings our history to life again.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE GRAVE TALES SERIES:
- Grave Tales: Brisbane Vol.1
- Grave Tales: Great Ocean Road – Geelong to Port Fairy
- Grave Tales: Bruce Highway (with the support of the Queensland State Government, through Arts Queensland)
- Grave Tales: Sydney Vol.1
- Grave Tales: Queensland’s Great South West – Ipswich to Augathella
- Grave Tales: True Crime Vol.1