In the eighth book in the exciting Grave Tales series, journalists Helen Goltz and Chris Adams visit cemeteries in the beautiful Scenic Rim to unearth some great tales.
- The Stinson crash: how bushman Bernard O’Reilly found a missing aircraft with seven people on board when no-one else could.
- The Fassifern Giantess – Augusta Rewald: in the days when ‘freak shows’ were entertainment, a Boonah resident was exhibited nationwide.
- Duty done: a medal no mother wanted to receive – a silver badge for sending multiple sons to war. Sarah Wease of Canungra was a recipient.
- Boy meets bushranger – Christian Schmidt: the boy who inadvertently told the ‘Wild Scotchman’ bushranger when to rob the mail coach.
- Romeo Lahey’s flagpole: the man who gave us the great Scenic Rim National Park had another passion, a flagpole challenge to win.
- The Germans: the war in Europe had repercussions for the Scenic Rim’s large population of German immigrants and especially one German pastor.
- Murder by the Kenniff brothers: the most horrible murders in Qld police history – a constable and a property manager slaughtered by outlaws.
… And 11 more stories in this volume.
Paperback ISBN: 978-0-6488360-7-0 | ebook ASIN B0989B4BZ6
Price and availability:
- $25 inc postage in Australia only, if purchased directly from the Grave Tales shop;
- Available as an ebook and paperback from Amazon (postage cost determined by Amazon);
- Also available through all good bookstores at the recommended price of $29.95.
Publication date: released 1 October 2021.
Category: Non-fiction, crime, true crime, Australiana, history, modern history, biography, cold case.
Publisher: Atlas Productions
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Journalists, Helen Goltz and Chris Adams have between them spent many decades in the print and electronic media working for network television, radio, and state and community newspapers. With a joint love of history, digging for a good story and storytelling, they have collaborated to create a series of books that brings our history to life again.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE GRAVE TALES SERIES:
- Grave Tales: Brisbane Vol.1
- Grave Tales: Great Ocean Road – Geelong to Port Fairy
- Grave Tales: Bruce Highway (with the support of the Queensland State Government, through Arts Queensland)
- Grave Tales: Sydney Vol.1
- Grave Tales: Queensland’s Great South West – Ipswich to Augathella
- Grave Tales: True Crime Vol.1
- Grave Tales: Melbourne Vol. 1