In the seventh book in the exciting Grave Tales series, journalists Helen Goltz and Chris Adams visit Melbourne cemeteries to unearth some great tales. Stories include:
- Whelan the Wrecker – the man and name synonymous with the wrecking ball and recycling a lot of Melbourne’s history;
- Leo Rosner – as featured in the movie ‘Schindler’s List’ – the Jewish Holocaust survivor who made a life post-war in Melbourne;
- The Mornington Football Club disaster – the weekend a football team was tragically wiped out;
- Cyril Callister – Mr Vegemite!
- Beautiful Erica McMillan and the Moomba Queens – beauty and tragedy in a time before political correctness;
- Alice Anderson – the untimely end of one of our first female mechanics;
- Walter Lindrum – the Don Bradman of billiards;
- The murder of Alma Tirtschke and how the wrong man hanged;
… And 10 more stories in this volume.
About the Book
Other Books in "Grave Tales series"
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."