In the sixth book in the exciting Grave Tales series, journalists Helen Goltz and Chris Adams head southwest to unearth some great tales from Ipswich to Augathella. Stories include:
- The Toowoomba Terror: the first Queensland-made car built by the Trevethan brothers;
- Gatton: Queensland’s oldest cold case, the murder of the Murphy siblings;
- Ipswich: The Babies of Walloon: young sisters, Bridget Kate and Mary Jane Broderick, immortalised by Henry Lawson in his 1891 poem;
- Nobby: the story of Victor Denton and the March of the Dungarees;
- Goondiwindi: The day that the town helped Albert Einstein;
- St George: Len Waters – Australia’s only WWII Aboriginal fighter pilot who nearly didn’t survive to tell the story;
- Roma: The Utopian Experiment and the families who took part;
- Charleville: The drowning of the Misses Switzer; and the best in the the West – Harry Corones;
- Augathella: The strange poisoning case of Mrs Margaret Roche;
… And 9 more in this exciting volume.
About the Book
Other Books in "Grave Tales series"
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."